Friday, February 26, 2016

Teachers and Students Relationships

Being a student teacher in high school was the best thing I could ever do. Every single thing you do in schools may send a message to your brain letting you know about your potential career in the near future and I think that it has made a positive effect on me because I love working with children.  You truly get the greatest experiences from learning and building a relationship with your students. Building a positive connection with young children is the main task and the initial factor of an effective teacher.  All children grow and bloom in the environment of close by and trustworthy relationships that provides security, and approachable interaction.

 Each student teacher had a student of their own. Daniel was my student for the year which he was great. The only thing that really took a toll on his was not being in a home that was fit for him at the time. So that’s when our teacher-child relationship began on the first day of school. As the school year went on I started to see a change in his behavior. His behavior problems were really severe due to not having any support to deal with it. Working with Daniel was a challenge when he wanted things to go his way and not the way I or other teacher around him would want things to go.  Having to build a relationship with him made him realize that Ms. Brittany really cares about him and wants him to enjoy his life as a kid. I would be the only person who would be able to calm Daniel down when he had his moments. When I sat down with Mrs. Ledet, she really just thanked me because this was Daniel's second year coming to Cypress Springs Preschool and no one could really deal with his severe behavior problem and the lack of him not wanting to learn. Building a foundation not only for the children but for everyone who is involved in that child life. Daniel was a great kid!



No comments:

Post a Comment